According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The typical cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Levy & Son can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Dallas don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Levy & Son, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and expertise to manage everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to call us at 469-249-1971
the moment you identify a problem to evade as much, maybe pricey, harm to your living space and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are discarding trash properly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will create a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Levy & Son install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Levy & Son to look for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Levy & Son today at 469-249-1971
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.