When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wish lists in Plano. A tankless water heater is a good option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to worry about paying for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it travels to the tap, where you then have hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—specifically for bigger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to take on numerous uses at once. One of our experts will help you figure out what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Plano area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Levy & Son today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Plano home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 469-249-1971
or request an appointment with us online.